AITS, Rajampet – 20 Years of Glory
Annamacharya Institute of Technology & Sciences, Rajampet, (AITS for short), an autonomous institution had its humble start around two decades ago in the scenic hamlet of Andhra Pradesh. The great land of Ananthapuram, which birthed renowned poets and scholars including the renowned saint poet, Annamacharya, after whom the institution is named, is where this institute was established and continues to flourish.
Set up in the year 1998, under the auspices of Annamacharya Educational Trust, in a picturesque campus sprawling over 30 acres near Tallapaka, the institution was founded to ensure every deserving student had access to quality education.
Behind every successful man, there’s a woman who ensured that he chose the right path and never gave up, with Sri.Gangi Reddy Garu, the founding member of the Annamacharya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Rajampet, it was his mother Sri Rajamma. She ensured that he received a quality education, making him attain the highest education in the family.
Outspoken,energetic,good listener, good analyzer, and a person with great interpersonal skills, that’s how anyone who has known Sri.Gangi Reddy Garu would describe him. Having a zeal to pursue a career in the government sector, he strived to clear government exams and went on to become an Asst.Section Officer-Agriculture Department in the year 1978, against the suggestions of his friends, who advised him to pursue a career in banking. It was around this time that the AP Society act, which states that any Govt. Employee can initiate an entity which can be a not-for-profit organisation was announced. The philanthropist in him attempted to set up a Medical college, along with his ten friends, which did not fructify. However, his never-give up attitude and desire to give back to the society led to the inception of AITS-Rajampet.
Rajampet, as a place, has great historical significance when it comes to the growth of language and literature. It is said to be the place where the Vedas and Upanishads were practiced as a way of life by individuals who have imparted this knowledge efficiently over 600 years ago. However, there is no credible institution to quench the thirst for knowledge of the current generation students. This great history, and the problems he had personally encountered while pursuing his education (tenth standard), in this region, was one of the driving factors behind the decision to establish the institution here.
Undeterred by the numerous obstacles that came his way in the form of criticism, pressure from local authorities, power politics, financial challenges, and land grabbing, he went on to pursue his dream of giving Rajampet a quality educational institution that the land of literature deserved. He even had to fight it out with a few family members and friends who were concerned about the financial challenges that might come his way as a result of setting up this institution in a small hamlet like Rajampet.
For over two decades this institution has nurtured numerous engineers and groomed them to be pioneers in their fields. Thus, ensuring that a mother’s dream and the desire to give back to one’s hometown and nation is fructified year-after-year.
Recalling a few events that he considers as milestones in his journey of providing quality education and that in the life of AITS Rajampet, the institution, he lists out the following, with the dates and events gushing out like the events from the year of its inception, 1998.
- Gained recognition from IBM to conduct IBM Software Excellence on its campus in 2018.
- Annamacharya Institute of Technology & Science has been rated as one of the Top Private Engineering Institutes In India by Career Connect Survey Magazine 2017.
- Annamacharya Institute of Technology & Science has been rated as ****(4 Stars) in category of Best Engineering Institutes in Andhra Pradesh by Career Connect Survey Magazine 2017.
- Annamacharya Institute of Technology & Science has been rated as AAA in category of Best Colleges in Andhra Pradesh by Career 360 Survey Magazine 2017.
- Annamacharya Group bagged “The Best Educational Group Award”(Infrastructure & Facilities) on Dec 2016 by Dewang Mehta Foundation.
- In the year 2015 AITS is an Institutional member of QFCI.
- 2014 IBM centre of excellence.
- The college was chosen as Andhra Pradesh Skill Development Centre and received MODROBS and RPS Grants from AICTE, New Delhi.
- March 2014 JNTU-Anantapur Vice Chancellor is pleased to grant permission for recognition of research centre in the faculty of Mechanical Engineering for Phd program.
- Annamacharya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Rajampet has been identified as a Remote Center of IIT Bombay since March 2014 for conducting mega-workshops and to train number of teachers and students.
- In the year 2013, AITS, Rajampet conducted the 15th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Computing Technologies.
- In the year 2013 AITS was duly admitted by the executive council of ISTE as Institutional member of the society.
- In the yeat 2013, Mr C Gangi Reddy received the coveted Edupreneur Award in an awarding ceremony presided over by Dr Shahi Tharoor, for his outstanding contribution towards engineering education in the JNTU, Anantapur region.
- In the year 2011 IEEEstudents’ chapter was inaugurated.
- The college was granted UGC Autonomus status in the year 2011.
- Nov 2010 Permanently Affiliated to JNTU-Anantapur.
- Annamacharya Institute of Technology and Sciences Kadapa was established by the Trust in the year 2010.
- Annamacharya Institute of Technology & Sciences, Tirupati, a unit of Annamacharya Group of Institutions, was founded in the year 2007.
- Annamacharya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Hyderabad, was established in 2005.